Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 22

Ugh! I was doing pretty well today...right up until dinner!

I am so full that I'm uncomfortable! I so wish I had stopped when I was about halfway through dinner...I even thought about it, and my mouth over-ruled it.

I think if I had slowed down while I was eating, I might have been able to eat more sensibly.

All that being said, dinner was not at the top of the healthy list: breaded and baked city chicken, roasted potatoes, carrots and sweet potatoes tossed in olive oil. Everything tasted really good, and I just had no self control at all.

Bleh!

Now I feel uncomfortable...

This is where that "making conscious choices" thing should have come into play. I even had a fleeting thought that I should stop when I was halfway through dinner...actually, the thought was even before that, when I was filling my plate. I thought "wow, this is too much food",  the thought that won was "wow, this all looks so good" and so I just kept shoveling.

Bleh! Now I just can't wait to digest it all and feel better...

I should have made those better choices.

This is actually a valuable moment: I realize that the inner voice of reason was actually there and speaking up. I heard it. I just chose to ignore it. This is actually a good thing, because I know I made a semi-conscious choice.

Tomorrow: ALL conscious choices!!

Wish me luck

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment