Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 31

Well, I don't even want to get on the scale.

My son is getting ready to move out of state and had asked me to make him a dish that grandma used to make a lot when he was little: potato pancakes. So for dinner, it was potato pancakes with sour cream, and bacon to go with.

And as I was putting it all on the table, I reminded everyone that this was a low-fat, no carb dinner. ;)

Not a green thing to be seen.

I must say that despite the fact that the items were particularly not on my list of good/healthy things to eat, I did behave myself a bit. I only had one piece of bacon and two pancakes with less than a teaspoon of sour cream, total. The pancakes were about 5 inches in diameter. So overall, I think it wasn't a terrible slip, just not very nutritious. The first pancake tasted really good and the second one just tasted.....well...it just seemed "heavy". And afterward, they gave me heartburn. Somehow I think they were just better when I was a kid.

_________

I'm not happy with myself for avoiding walks in the evening. Hubby and I have talked several times this week about going, just haven't gotten off our butts to do so. grrrr.....

__________

I am going to get on the scale now...brb.

OK, well I'm holding steady. Nothing lost, nothing gained. So that means even though I've eaten a few things I shouldn't have this week, I've kept my portion sizes low enough that I'm not gaining the weight back. Yay!

But I'm never going to lose it unless I step up this game. I have to start moving around! Tonight, I am going for a walk. 3 miles. 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment