Wednesday, February 23, 2011

(186) Confessions of a Night of Food Fantasy

So Last night I went home in tears, after having another day-from-hell at work. Hubby patiently listened and offered advice, while I ranted about broken equipment, lack of information, and feelings of being a target.

Then, I started fantasizing about pasta.

Normally on Tuesdays hubby and I do some work together in the evenings, so we don't typically have an "official" family dinner together. Its usually a fend for yourself kind of thing. But last night, hubby had pulled out some stuff from the freezer and wanted that for dinner. Not something I was interested in.

It wasn't pasta.

And all the while, I was just pacing around the house, trying to figure out a way to get out of cooking/eating at home. What I really wanted was Johnny Carino's.

Bowtie Festival


With the spicy romano sauce instead (cayenne pepper! yum!) Normally it comes with some bland creamy sauce.

Bowtie pasta, grilled chicken, diced tomato, onion and bacon, tossed with a spicy Romano cheese sauce, topped with some fresh grated Parmesan. A little hot fresh bread on the side. With butter.

That's what I really wanted. And I paced around the house for, oh....at least 30 minutes debating with myself, trying to come up with an excuse I could justify...or at least live with.

And then hubby went into the kitchen and started talking about his plan for dinner.....

And I caved. I caved into staying home and eating healthier. And eating a healthy sized serving, instead of a giant bowl of pasta.

No I didn't cave. I prevailed.

And I felt better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment