Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 96-ish....and when it was all done....

I put the turkey carcass in a pot with onion, celery, sage and thyme, a scoop of stuffing, covered with water, and let it simmer for 3 hours or so. That is the basis for my turkey soup. After simmering, I sieved everything and saved the broth. Tomorrow is turkey soup day (The dinner leftovers are for Saturday), and I'll add carrots and egg noodles, a bit more celery, a diced potatoe (on request only) and chopped turkey meat.

YUMYUM!

2 comments:

  1. The stuffing in the soup base ? OK, four years at Cornell, 2 at the Culinary Institute of America and 20 in a restaurant, first time I heard of that. Interesting ideas... Soup is your friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good to me. I want turkey soup!

    ReplyDelete