Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 116 And Winding Down for the Holidays....(at work)

Seems funny to say that I'm "winding down" for the holidays, when the holidays usually means winding up. However, I'm tying up all the loose ends on my job and working toward starting off the new year with a clean slate. I'm am extremely fortunate to work for a company that gives us a very nice chunk of time off - Christmas Eve thru New Years Day. That means I don't go back to work until the 3rd, since the 1st is on a Saturday. WooHoo!! And as if that weren't good enough, I still have 3 vacation days left to use, which I'll be taking on Friday, Monday and Tuesday. That means I have 3 work days left this year.

:):):):):):):):):):)

Damn that feels good!!

So, a quick recap of last night: finished off my final water as I was climbing into bed, putting me at 5 bottles, so I got that in.

Done with one bottle this morning, plus a cup of coffee (coffee-mate and 2 tsp raw sugar) 60 calories.
Forgot to grab some fruit before leaving this morning, so I'm going to have to stick it out til lunchtime. Also have to get my sleep schedule straightened out, since the last few days I've not had breakfast, cuz I've been too tired and running behind in the morning. I'm screwing this schedule up and need to fix it NOW. Last night I took some melatonin at 9:15, and was ready to sleep by 11pm. That will work, as long as I can get that habit re-established. I was doing really well there for about 3 weeks, and then I dropped the ball.

For me, this sleep thing is a defiance issue. I know I need to get more sleep, and I know I need to make a habit of going to bed earlier and getting up earlier, but I hate it. And I resist it. And I become my own worst enemy.

Such a kid......

Anyway, I'm fixing that...again.

More later.....

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the sleep thing. I'm been up later than usual the last few nights and now I'm really feeling it. Turning in early tonight even if it kills me. I think the attraction is that everyone else is in bed late at night and I can get in my solitude.

    ReplyDelete