Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 102....I Hate Winter

Walked out the door this morning, on my way to work, and there were snowflakes drifting down around me. Nothing substantial....except the reminder that its going to be a long while before I'll be walking around barefoot.

I've lived nearly my entire life in Michigan (except for my military time), and you'd think I'd be used to it by now. At 40-something, I should know quite well how to dress for the season, and should be acclimated to it.

But NOOOOOOOOOOO.......

I still drag my feet about breaking out the gloves and scarves and thick socks. I still walk out the door in the morning with my coat undone (at least I have it on). I still walk around the house for hours, shivering, before I grab a sweater or something warmer to put on.

Why?! WHYWHYWHY do I resist this cold weather so much. You'd think that as much as I dislike it, I would plan better, dress warmer, and do everything I could to make sure I'm staying warm.

But I don't. And I curse the winter, and the snow and the sleet and slush, and scraping ice off my car windows in the morning so I can see to drive to work. I complain about how "being cold makes me angry", literally. It's like an uncontrollable emotional reaction. If I am shivering and tense from being cold, I have a very short fuse.

I lived in Arizona for 4 years, while I was in the military, and I loved every minute of it. WHY oh why I ever moved back to Michigan is beyond me. I just came home when I was done. Nothing lined up. No job waiting. My family was here, of course, so that is really the reason I came home. But I could just as easily have stayed out there, encouraged my folks to come and visit. And maybe after they retired, they might have considered moving to a warmer climate. Maybe....

But all that is water under the bridge, I s'pose.

So here I am. And here is where I met my hubby. And I wouldn't trade that for all the sunny days in the world. And so I guess it is time for me to "woman-up" and start doing what I need to do to take care of myself.

Kinda like a few other areas of my life, dontcha think?

________

Breakfast: a medium banana, 105 calories
coffee w/ creamer (less today!) 105 calories
16.7 ounces of water

More later.....

2 comments:

  1. I am a Michigan gal also so I was surprised to see the flakes flying this morning myself...Brrrrr..

    I wonder if we live near each other ?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live just north of Detroit, smack dab in the middle of Warren !

    ReplyDelete