Saturday, December 18, 2010

I AM Indeed Losing it!

I have to do this funky thing to weigh myself these days. I started weighing myself on the scale at work, because its calibrated yearly. I take off my shoes and drop the various paraphernalia (phones, jacket, tools, etc) and always weigh myself in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

A couple weeks ago, I got on the scale at home for the Sunday weigh in for SSDDDC, and I was 3-4 pounds heavier. AACK!! I was so pissed. Then I went to work on Monday, weighed myself again, and I was back down the same amount. Since then, I've done a little experiment. I'll weigh myself right before I leave work, drive 3 minutes to my house, and get on the scale at home. Sure enough. My home scale is 3-4 pounds heavier on a consistent basis.

Problem is, I still need to weigh in on Sunday for the challenge. Therefore, since I've confirmed the difference between the 2 scales several times, and I need to get my number to Allan on the weekend, I'm weighing myself at home, and adjusting down by 2 pounds instead of 3, just to be safe. So this morning I did the normal routine...up, bathroom, coffee, shower, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt and the scale says, adjusting down 2 pounds, that I've lost another 3 pounds! WooHoo!!. The plan is so working!!! I'll verify this at work this week. But I'm SOOOO happy!!

4 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo girlfriend ! Keep it up and you will be rocking the skinny jeans soon ! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I have a weigh in routine to. The only scale that concerns me really is my doctors scale but I only see him every three months. It is easier for me to use my home scale. It is decent and consistent but about 2-3 pounds lighter than my doctor's scale. However, as long as it is moving downward, then the actual number doesn't count. Plus, at home I have the advantage of weighing in stark naked so as to get the lowest weight. As long as nothing changes and I don't go crazy and eat a cow tonight, I think I will be proud to announce my weigh in number tomorrow. I wish you best and can't wait to see how great every else is doing on Allan's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same issue between my scales.. haha but YAY for you!!! that´s a great loss, congrats. keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scales are evil and are in cahoots to drive you bonkers.

    I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete