Monday, December 6, 2010

Ending the Day on a Good Note

I got my packet from Allan, and read through all the food choices and recommendations. Then I headed to the kitchen to try and rustle up some dinner. Didn't make it out to grocery shop today, as I worked late. But the challenge was on! I just had to find something in the freezer, fridge, and pantry that would still keep me within limit.

Granted, lunch was too many calories. As I walked out the door, it occurred to me that I should have eaten half, and brought the rest home for tomorrow's lunch, and I would have been well within my allotted calories. But tomorrow, game on!

So for dinner, I just happened to have some tilapia fillets in the freezer. After thawing, I sprinkled them with 2 tsp of Italian bread crumbs and 2 tsp of Parmesan cheese, a little Kosher salt and garlic powder: 149 calories per 3 ounce fillet.

Next up were some baked potatoes, on the small side. I had some really good looking tomatoes, which I quartered and sprinkled with Kosher salt and red wine vinegar. And I dug up a (**gasp**) can of baby peas.

Not terrible for a bare-bones, have-to-grocery-shop evening.

My servings: one tilapia fillet, 149 calories
1/2 of a small baked potato with 2 tsp butter,  124 calories
1 tomato, 22 calories
1/2 cup of peas sprinkled with a bit of lemon juice, 60 calories.
10 ounces of maple lemonade, 60 calories

Total: 415 calories. That brings me to 1068 calories for the day. And I'm comfortable at 8:30pm.

Have 1.5 bottles of water to finish today, and I'll be at 83 ounces.

I'm feeling good!

G'nite all! And lets get this ball rolling!!

1 comment:

  1. That is pretty darned good for on the fly planning. I wish I had that dinner.

    And I have to shop too. I plan on going Wednesday evening but have enough to get me through tomorrow on plan with what Allan sent.

    ReplyDelete