Sunday, January 9, 2011

(141) It's Chilly Willy....and the Coffee is Hot



I went to let the dogs out this morning and the window on my back patio door looked like this. Not sure that the beauty really comes through in the photo, but it's very cool.

So one of the things I've been struggling to let go of has been my coffee creamer (sweetened). Allan has given me some crap about using Creamora instead of the stuff I've been using. So I went and bought some...Coffee-mate actually, since that's what i was able to find at the grocery store. And I've been cutting back on the amount of sugar I put in there. And it has been a struggle.

A couple weeks or so ago, my best friend and I went to Starbucks for a coffee, and I ordered a Cinnamon Dolce latte, SUGAR FREE. And you know what? It wasn't bad.

Problem is, I'm not about to drop $3 on a cup of coffee every day. It's a treat every once in awhile, but come on?!? So, I bought a bottle of the syrup instead.

$7.95

That just covered the cost of two cups of coffee, and I can get dozens out of this bottle. And using the coffee mate gets my calories down to about 40 per cup. That's a helluva lot better than the 140 I was drinking with the International Delight stuff. I do miss it. A lot. But this is an acceptable alternative.The syrup is sugar free, so its zero calories. And Coffee-mate is 10 cal per tsp.


YAY!!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for saving money ;) I bet you will adjust to the taste in no time. Enjoy your coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great alternatives! Way to go on scouting out some better choices. I'm so glad I was never bitten by the coffee bug. Starbucks doesn't interest me so that is one less place of temptation to worry about for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan. I'm sure you'll get used to the new way soon and not even miss the old stuff.

    ReplyDelete