Monday, January 10, 2011

(142) The Swinging Pendulum

So...just wondering if anyone is sharing my shifting food-mood swings. I am finding that I'll go from one extreme to the other in wanting to eat a crap load of something, and then not wanting anything at all.

I've really been on track as far as calories are concerned, and I'm eating the right stuff, but I'm having these moments of wanting to eat a ton of junk. And when that happens, I'm grabbing a piece of fruit or a water, so that's ok. But then I'll swing to the other side and not want to eat anything at all. I'll go for half the day and not want anything at all. Then all of a sudden, I'm starving!

As far as breakfast goes, I'm having a hard time getting into the habit of eating at the right time. My meals are getting stretched out....sometimes, instead of having breakfast in the morning, I'll have it at lunchtime, and then the rest of the day is shifted by a couple hours.

I guess my biggest problem is trying to become consistent and scheduled. Anyone else having this problem?

About the most consistent thing in my day is my first cup of coffee every morning. After that, its a toss-up.

I'm back to using the melatonin at night, and it is definitely helping me get to sleep at a more reasonable hour. Last night, however, I woke up numerous times. Hubby was hot/cold/hot, and kept waking up to put the covers on, take them off, open the door, shut the door, go to the bathroom....and then I had to go. So sleep was crappy and I am dragging butt again on a Monday morning.

yay.

I need some sunshine.

So far today, just coffee...I was running behind this morning and didn't have time to get breakfast. I think I'll run down to the lunchroom and see if they have any oatmeal.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

1 comment:

  1. I struggle all the time with getting my meals in on time. I think that sets me up to want to binge at night. I actually do better not eating than to over eat one bite of food. I'm trying to stay mostly liquid today. It seems like overfilling my pouch makes me want to keep it overfilled. I've got to pay more attention to the full signal.

    ReplyDelete