Wednesday, January 19, 2011

(151) Re-Ordering Some Things

So, Allan has been harping on us about getting the water in early, and I must admit that all I can think about in the morning is getting in that first cup of coffee. n.o.t.h.i.n.g.....e.l.s.e.....m.a.t.t.e.r.s.........

Case in point. I woke up this morning, feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Hubby came to bed late last night, then forgot to let the dog in, and got up to take care of that. When I woke up, I had to pee (all that water!!) and then he had trouble sleeping, so he went to the couch somewhere around 3 or 4am. So, sleep was crappy, and then when we did get up, hubby is on the fast train of verbal engagement....something I just can't do. So while he is chattering away, I'm in slow motion, trying to keep focused on getting ready for work, and all the while, all I can think about is getting to the kitchen to get that first cup of coffee.....

But.....BUT!!! This morning, I had my first bottle of water AT the bedside, ready for when I woke up. And that is the first, ok the second thing I put my hand on as I woke up, the alarm clock being the first.

So I am actually on my SECOND bottle of water, and it's not even 9am.

So that's the new plan, water by the bedside.

5 comments:

  1. Good plan. My allotment for water is a little less than 6 bottle. The first thing I do every morning, after I go to the bathroom, it get my six bottle and put them in a row on the bed where I can see them. I usually drink the first one with morning meds and then so on. I'm on my second bottle too though I had an extra couple of bottles yesterday with about half of on left. I finished it first before I started on today's water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! I have been keeping water by my bedside for the same reason.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the water! Keeping it bedside is a fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the water. I too try to keep a bottle within my reach, so I'll drink even when I don't feel that thirsty.
    And you're right about the coffee. I'm not a morning person, I just HAVE to have a cup of coffee before I can function at all!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I blogged today about my addiction to Coke. It was the first thing I would grab each morning. Now I'm trying to start out with water, like you.
    Great blog, by the way - I'm new to blogging and added a link from mine to yours. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete